Stage 2 of the review was undertaken by three stakeholder-led working groups. Their remit was to look at the operation of existing statutory debt solutions and provide recommendations and options for improvement. More information on the remit is available in the stage 2 working group's Terms of Reference.
Minutes from the stakeholder meetings are available on request from the Policy Development team.
Each group produced a report of recommendations for the then Minister for Public Finance, Planning and Community Wealth to consider. The reports are included below and should be read in conjunction with the supporting documents:
Working group reports and summary
- Working group 1 - report of recommendations
- Working group 2 - report of recommendations
- Working group 3 - report of recommendations
- Stage 2 working groups - Summary of issues and recommendations
Scottish Government response
Having considered the recommendations put forward by the three working groups, and those of a diligence working group, the Scottish Government developed specific proposals and issued a public consultation to seek further views. The relevant documents are included below:
- Scotland's statutory debt solutions and diligence - policy review response: consultation - published August 2022.
- Statutory debt solutions and diligence - policy review consultation: summary report of responses - published January 2023
The proposals being taken forward will be introduced through a mix of primary legislation, secondary legislation and operational guidance.
Further information can be found on the legislative programme page.