The 2022-23 Annual Report and Accounts reports the business and financial activities undertaken by Accountant in Bankruptcy (AiB) over the last financial year from 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023.
The document outlines AiB's accomplishments for the year and high level key statistics outlining the trends in debt solutions around Scotland.
- The success of the Debt Arrangement Scheme reforms from 2019 with over 15,000 people having fully repaid their debts and over £400m repaid to creditors through the scheme
- We continue to update our processes moving closer towards a “digital by default” model
- The focus on Cyber Security remains and continues to grow to adapt to the ever changing cyber landscape
- Following consultations The Bankruptcy and Diligence (Scotland) Bill was introduced in Parliament in April 2023. The Bill has been referred to the Parliament’s Economy and Fair Work Committee for consideration, with Stage 1 due to complete later this calendar year
- AiB won the Future Stars Award at the 2022 Ayrshire Business Awards
- Developing a series of local plans and strategies in response to the climate emergency and supporting the Scottish Governments drive for carbon zero by 2045
An accessible word friendly version of this report is also available on request from AiB communications.