beta This is a new service. Your feedback will help us to improve it.

Debtor Guide - Bankruptcy

This guide provides general advice on bankruptcy for people who have been made bankrupt

What if I am unhappy with the way my bankruptcy is being managed?

If you are unhappy with the way your bankruptcy is being managed you should, in the first instance, speak to your trustee.

If you are dissatisfied with the actions of your trustee you can ask a sheriff to look into the matter. You would need to contact your local sheriff court on how to make the application.

If your trustee is a private insolvency practitioner and you cannot resolve the issues you have by speaking to them, you should contact their governing body. Insolvency Practitioners are regulated by statutory rules and must be members of a governing body and details can be found on their headed notepaper.

If you think your trustee is not complying with their statutory duties you can also write to the Accountant in Bankruptcy or, where there are commissioners, to them.

If the Accountant in Bankruptcy is your trustee and you cannot resolve the issues by speaking to their staff or the insolvency practitioner acting on their behalf, you should write to them.

Full information can be found in Accountant in Bankruptcy’s complaints procedure

Back to top